It’s just the nature of the beast when you own a vinyl liner swimming pool; you’ll have to eventually replace the liner. Generally, liners on above ground pools and inground pools last for 8 – 10 years. In some cases, it could be less. In some cases, it could be more. It all depends on your chemical usage and how you’re balancing them in your pool. But, make no mistake, the #1 killer of swimming pool liners is poor water chemistry!
Vinyl Liner Replacements are just one of the many swimming pool services that Penguin Pools preforms.
Vinyl Liner Replacements Estimated Cost
The cost of a vinyl liner replacement varies on the type of swimming pool that you have: from shape and size, to inground vs above ground. And, most people would be surprised to hear this, but vinyl liner replacements are easier for an inground swimming pool than for an above ground swimming pool.
- Inground Vinyl Liner Replacement: $4,500 - $5,500
View Penguin Pools complete price list of inground pool vinyl liner replacement
- Above Ground Vinyl Liner Replacement: $3,000 – $3,500
All inground vinyl liners are custom made to fit your pool, we don’t use “off the shelf” liners. The average vinyl liner replacement process takes 3-4 weeks from the time we measure to the time you have a new one installed.
- Measure the pool for the new liner.
- Send measurements to the designer.
- Designer creates layout and sends to processing (3-days).
- Liner is made, cut, and sent to shipping (3-days).
- Liner is shipped out to customer (6-days).
- Penguin Pools comes to install your new liner (1 day).
- Pool water is drained out.
- Old pool liner is cut out and removed.
- Bottom of Swimming Pool is patched if needed.
- New vinyl liner is installed and water added.