Swimming Pool Closing and Winterization
It is always a sad day when you realize that the pool swimming season is over, however that doesn’t mean that your swimming pool services stop. A proper pool closing of your swimming pool is vital to the structure, plumbing, and equipment of your pool. A swimming pool closing not done correctly will cost you thousand of dollars to fix in the spring. Penguin Pools will winterize your pool, insuring that your pool will be safe from the harsh kiss of Mother Nature in WI & MN.
Detailed Closing Process Ensures Protected Pools
The process of closing a pool for the winter is long, detailed and time consuming. Penguin Pools certified technicians will give you the peace of mind that your pool is protected for the freezeing, snow and cold temperatures that will attack your pool. Penguin Pools does full swimming pool services and isn’t just a a pool contractor or builder.
Pool Closing Pricing
The cost of a swimming pool closing for the winter starts at $275 + Chemicals (roughly $75 – $100 depending on the size of your pool). The pool closing price includes ::
- Draining the Swimming Pool
- Blowing out the Plumbing Lines
- Remove Rails
- Remove Equipment Plugs (Placed in pump basket for safe keeping)
- Addition of Winerization Chemicals (Algaecide, RV Anti-Freeze, Shock)
Additional closing charges or supplies.
- Put on Safety Cover – $75
- Spill-Over-Spa Winterization – $35
- Skimmer Gizmo – $9.99 / each
- Winterization Plug – $4.95
- Safety Cover Installation (1-Time fee; 1st Year Only) – $275
- Safety Cover Spring Replacement – $6 / each
- Safety Cover Anchor Replacement – $6 / each
- Check Valve Flapper Replacement – $15.50
- Salt Water Chlorine Generator Cleaning – $10