Swimming Pool Closing and Winterization
It is always a sad day when you realize that the pool swimming season is over, however that doesn’t mean that your swimming pool services stop. A proper pool closing of your swimming pool is vital to the structure, plumbing, and equipment of your pool. A swimming pool closing not done correctly will cost you thousands of dollars to fix in the spring. Penguin Pools will winterize your pool, ensuring that your pool will be safe from the harsh kiss of Mother Nature in WI & MN.
Detailed Closing Process Ensures Protected Pools
The process of closing a pool for the winter is long, detailed and time-consuming. Penguin Pools certified technicians will give you the peace of mind that your pool is protected for the freezing, snow and cold temperatures that will attack your pool. Penguin Pools does full swimming pool services and isn’t just a pool contractor or builder.
A good closing can also help you in the spring when you do a pool opening as it will be cleaner and ready to fire up.
The cost of a swimming pool closing for the winter starts at $275 + Chemicals (roughly $75 – $100 depending on the size of your pool). The pool closing price includes ::
- Draining the Swimming Pool
- Blowing out the Plumbing Lines
- Remove Rails
- Remove Equipment Plugs (Placed in pump basket for safekeeping)
- Addition of Winterization Chemicals (Algaecide, RV Anti-Freeze, Shock)
- Each Water Features is an extra charge
- Put on Safety Cover – $75
- Spill-Over-Spa Winterization – $75
- Skimmer Gizmo – $10.99 / each
- Winterization Plug – $5.95
- Safety Cover Installation (1-Time fee; 1st Year Only) – $275
- Water Feature Closing (slides, fountains) - $15 / each
- Pools with In-Floor Radiant Heat - $125
- Negative Edge Pools - $250
- Safety Cover Spring Replacement – $6 / each
- Safety Cover Anchor Replacement – $6 / each
- Check Valve Flapper Replacement – $17.99
- Salt Water Chlorine Generator Cleaning – $20