When you live in Southeastern Wisconsin & MN, you must close your pool down each year for the winter. Closing your pool down helps to ensure that your pool doesn’t get damaged or risking freezing your plumbing lines. A Pool safety cover is primarily used to winterize your pool at the end of the season.
Benefits of a Pool Safety Cover
Penguin Pools safety cover is made of an extremely strong mesh material that can support several hundred pounds without collapsing. Meaning that a two or three full-grown adults could comfortably stand on the cover without worry!
- Most importantly: SAFETY
- Mesh pool safety cover is anchored to your pool decking for safety
- Winterizing your pool keeps winter debris out, making it easier to open in the spring
- A Safety Cover allows snow to melt into the pool, raising the level of the water
- Debris is easily removed prior to removing the cover, preventing it from going into the pool
- Our covers block 99% of the sun coming through the cover, allowing for cleaner water when you open your pool for the year. We use Lathams 7000MS Mesh!
Rectangle Safety Cover Prices by Size
- 12′ x 24′ : Price – $2,299
- 14′ x 28′ : Price – $2,399
- 16′ x 32′ : Price – $2,499
- 18′ x 36′ : Price – $2,599
- 20′ x 40′ : Price – $2,699
A Pool Safety Cover for a Free Form Pool is priced out on a per-pool basis as it will be custom-made compared to the simple rectangle sizes above. Please contact us for a quote.
Installation of your Pool Safety Cover is done when your pool is closed in the fall and costs $275, this price isn’t included in the cost of the cover.
CoverStar Safety Cover Colors
Why Auto Covers AREN'T used to Winterize Pools
Here is a good example of what can happen if the water is lowered a little bit and an auto cover is used to winterize your pool. A simple pool closing will cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix the cover, pool, concrete, plumbing . . .