With any vinyl liner pool, above ground or inground, at some point you will need to replace the liner. It is just the nature of the beast, but rest assured Penguin Pools can do the work needed. Swimming pool liners generally have a useful life span of 10 – 15 years, but that is greatly determined by your chemical usage and balancing.
The #1 killer of swimming pool liners is poor water chemistry!
Most people would be surprised to hear this, but replacing an inground swimming pool liners are easier than above ground swimming pool liners.
Inground Vinyl Liner Replacement Process
All inground vinyl liners are custom made to fit your pool, we don’t use “off the shelf” liners. The average vinyl liner replacement process takes 2 weeks from the time we measure to the time you have a new one installed.
- Measure the pool for the new liner.
- Send measurements to the designer.
- Designer creates layout and sends to processing (3-days).
- Liner is made, cut, and sent to shipping (3-days).
- Liner is shipped out to customer (3-days).
- Penguin Pools comes to install your new liner (1 day).
- Pool water is drained out.
- Old liner is cut out and removed.
- Bottom of Swimming Pool is patched if needed.
- New vinyl liner is installed and water added.
Above Ground Vinyl Liner Replacement Process
- Pool is measured.
- Liner is ordered, may have to be custom cut (3 days).
- Conversion of above ground pool receiver changed to accept beaded vinyl liner.
- Any decking around pool is removed.
- Portions of buried pool are dug out or bracing built.
- Holes in structure patched.
- Vinyl Liner installed and water added to pool.