It’s just the nature of the beast when you own a vinyl liner swimming pool; you’ll have to eventually replace the liner. Generally, vinyl liners on above ground pools and inground pools last for 10 – 15 years. In some cases, it could be less. In some cases, it could be more. It all depends on your chemical usage and how you’re balancing them in your pool. But, make no mistake, the #1 killer of swimming pool liners is poor water chemistry!
Vinyl Liner Replacement Estimated Costs
The cost varies on the type of swimming pool that you have: from shape and size to inground or above ground. And, most people would be surprised to hear this, but replacing an inground swimming pool liner is easier than above ground swimming pool liners.
- In-Ground Vinyl Liner Replacement: $3,000 – $4,500
View Penguin Pools complete list of inground pool liner replacement and rehab costs
- Above Ground Vinyl Liner Replacement: $3,000 – $3,500
View Penguin Pools complete list of above ground pool liner replacement and rehab costs
Inground Vinyl Liner Replacement Process
All inground vinyl liners are custom made to fit your pool, we don’t use “off the shelf” liners. The average vinyl liner replacement process takes 2 weeks from the time we measure to the time you have a new one installed.
- Measure the pool for the new liner.
- Send measurements to the designer.
- Designer creates layout and sends to processing (3-days).
- Liner is made, cut, and sent to shipping (3-days).
- Liner is shipped out to customer (3-days).
- Penguin Pools comes to install your new liner (1 day).
- Pool water is drained out.
- Old liner is cut out and removed.
- Bottom of Swimming Pool is patched if needed.
- New vinyl liner is installed and water added.
Above Ground Vinyl Liner Replacement Process
- Pool is measured.
- Liner is ordered, may have to be custom cut (3 days).
- Conversion of above ground pool receiver changed to accept beaded vinyl liner.
- Any decking around pool is removed.
- Portions of buried pool are dug out or bracing built.
- Holes in structure patched.
- Vinyl Liner installed and water added to pool.