Penguin Pools puts one standard 500w light into each one of our pool packages. While Pentiar lights are strong, we still recommend putting a second light in if your pool is over 36′ long. By putting in the second light for larger pools, it prevents having “shadows” in the corners of the pool.
There are two main types of swimming pool lighting now that fiber-optic lighting is getting phased out.
- LED Lighting
- Incandescent Lighting
Color Quality & Light Strength ::
1 Incadescent Light = 2 LED Lights
LED Lighting – Pentair IntelliBrite
Pentair LED IntelliBrite :: $599 each
LED Lighting is the latest and greatest when it comes to swimming pool lighting. It allows you to have different colors, uses less electricity, and is brighter.
Pentiar’s IntelliBrite automated color-changing pool and spa lights feature LED technology is the wave of the future in energy efficiency, lifetime value, quality of light, and automation.
Pentair likes these lights as they can last over 30,000 hours which minimizes replacement costs and disposal.
- A superior reflector design assures more light is directed toward the pool bottom to further increase intensity and color effects, while minimizing glare
- Superior lens geometry distributes light in an optimum way to avoid “hot spots” on the pool bottom. Light intensity and color are distributed more uniformly throughout your pool
- IntelliBrite ® technology makes use of the brightest LEDs available in an underwater pool and spa light.
- IntelliBrite ® pool lights allow a greater number of standard light programs and greater ability to create your personal, magic light shows. The result is a virtually endless range of dramatic underwater lighting effects at your command
- Set one of 5 predetermined fixed colors to match or create the mood for the evening – blue, green, magenta, white, and red
- Select from 7 popular “color shows” that come preprogrammed into IntelliBrite ®
- IntelliBrite ® was designed to work with IntelliTouch ® , the leading control system for pool, spa, and poolscape equipment automation. In effect, you transfer control of IntelliBrite to the IntelliTouch ® system which controls all your other backyard and pool features
Standard Lighting – Pentair AmeriLite
Pentair Amerilite :: $399 each
Enhance your swimming pool’s beauty with the world’s most reliable, most popular, underwater incandescent lighting. Amerlite lights have been the world standard of reliability for underwater pool and spa lighting for over 40 years. It features a stainless steel shell, 8-3/8″ prismatic tempered glass lens, and stainless steel face ring with unitension clamp. Amerlite is expertly engineered to stand up to moisture, corrosion, and impact, and to provide optimum performance and safety for years to come.