Choosing the right swimming pool lights for your pool makes a difference. The right pool lighting can take your pool from grand to great! Additionally, swimming pool lights are an absolute necessity for night swimming. Penguin Pools offers both standard incandescent pool lighting and LED pool lighting for all of our in-ground swimming pools.
Incandescent Pool Lighting Comes Standard
Penguin Pools installs one (1) standard 500w Pentair incandescent pool light into each one of our pool packages. These are the most reliable and dependable swimming pool lights on the market.
If You Have a Swimming Pool Over 36’ Long, We Recommend 2 Lights
While the Pentair lights we install are strong, we would recommend putting a second light in if your pool is over 36′ long. By putting in the second light for larger pools, it prevents having “shadows” in the corners of the pool and fully illuminates the entire pool area.
Penguin Pools Swimming Pool Lighting Options
At Penguin Pools, we offer two main types of swimming pool lighting for all our pools. We no longer offer fiber-optic pool lights, as they are being phased out of our manufacturer’s catalog.
- LED Pool Lights – LED Lighting is the latest and greatest when it comes to swimming pool lighting. It allows you to have different colors, uses less electricity, and is brighter.
- Incandescent Pool Lights – The swimming pool standard in lighting for over 40 years. Durable, reliable and impact-resistant
Color Quality & Light Strength
LED lights, last longer than incandescent lights and have higher lumens (or amount of visible light).
Incandescent lights usually last around 5,000 hours of use, whereas LED lights have been known to last 6x longer than incandescent lights (30,000 hours of use).
1 Incandescent Pool Light = 2 LED Lights
LED Pool Lighting – Pentair IntelliBrite
Price: Pentair LED IntelliBrite – $599 each
Pentiar’s IntelliBrite automated color-changing pool and spa lights feature LED technology. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) are the wave of the future in energy efficiency, lifetime value, quality of light, and automation. We recommend and like these lights as they can last over 30,000 hours, minimizing replacement costs and disposal.
Benefits of Pentair’s IntelliBrite LED Pool Lights
- A superior reflector design assures more light is directed toward the pool bottom to further increase intensity and color effects, while minimizing glare
- Superior lens geometry distributes light in an optimum way to avoid “hot spots” on the pool bottom. Light intensity and color are distributed more uniformly throughout your pool
- IntelliBrite® technology makes use of the brightest LEDs available in an underwater pool and spa light
- IntelliBrite® pool lights allow a greater number of standard light programs and greater ability to create your personal, magic light shows. The result is a virtually endless range of dramatic underwater lighting effects at your command
- Set one of 5 predetermined fixed colors to match or create the mood for the evening – blue, green, magenta, white, and red
- Select from 7 popular “color shows” that come pre-programmed into IntelliBrite®
- IntelliBrite® was designed to work with IntelliTouch®, the leading control system for pool, spa, and poolscape equipment automation
Incandescent Pool Lighting – Pentair AmeriLite
Each Penguin Pool comes standard with (1) 500 Watt Pentair AmeriLite
Price: Pentair Amerilite – $399 each
Enhance your swimming pool’s beauty with the world’s most reliable, most popular, underwater incandescent lighting. Amerlite lights have been the world standard of reliability for underwater pool and spa lighting for over 40 years. It features a stainless steel shell, 8-3/8″ prismatic tempered glass lens, and stainless steel face ring with uni-tension clamp. Amerlite is expertly engineered to stand up to moisture, corrosion, and impact, and to provide optimum performance and safety for years to come.