Penguin Pools takes all the guessing out of choosing the best inground swimming pools for our customers in Waukesha County, Milwaukee County, and Southeastern Wisconsin for over 10 years. We’ve always believed that the more information you know about the type of swimming pool you want, the easier our job is!
Pros and Cons of Each Type of Inground Swimming Pool
There are three main types of inground swimming pools to choose from for your backyard: vinyl liner, fiberglass or concrete. Below, we’ll go through some of the pros and cons of each type of pool to give you a better idea which pool will best fit your needs over the years.
- Vinyl Liner Swimming Pools are the most economical (view pricing).
- Vinyl liner pools are fully customizable to what you want – size, shape, depth.
- Vinyl liners have a liner that at some point will fail and will need to get replaced.
- Liners generally last 10 years and cost roughly $3,000 to replace.
- Fiberglass Swimming Pools are a solid structure and don’t have a liner to fail.
- Cadillac of the pool industry
- Fiberglass Pools cost $10,000 – $15,000 more than vinyl liner pools.
- Fiberglass Pools can’t be customized in any way.
- Maximum pool width is 16′.
- Concrete Swimming Pools are a solid structure and don’t have a liner to fail.
- Concrete pools are fully customizable to what you want – size, shape, depth.
- Concrete Pools cost $15,000 – $20,000 more than fiberglass pools.