How to Install a Vinyl Liner in an Inground Swimming Pool (video)
Here is a simple time lapse video showing the installation of an inground swimming pool liner. Penguin Pools uses a water delivery service to fill our pools so it goes much quicker and allows for less problems with wrinkles.
This pool is 20′ x 50′ so we needed to use 3 vacs to get the suction we needed on the liner, even though we always seal all the wall seams.
Here is a basic timeline of how we install our liners ::
1. Place liner in deep end and open it to the shallow end of pool.
2. Tuck bead into coping at couple of places around pool.
3. Start at the step to make sure it is aligned perfectly, if the step is lined up correctly the rest will fall into place.
4. Start working around the pool tucking the bead into the coping, making sure all the corners are aligned correctly.
5. Once you see that the liner is where it is supposed to be, place your vacs behind the liner to start sucking the air out. Cap all plumbing/lights/conduit that isn’t run yet so you are just pulling air from behind the liner.
6. Install your gaskets and trim pieces around your step.
7. Cut in your main drains installing all gaskets and faceplates.
8. Start filling your pool with water.
9. When the water gets to 1″ above the shallow end, cut in your lights and returns.
10. Run pool lights before water gets to high.
11. Cut in your skimmers.
12. Pull vacs.
Depending on what you are viewing this on, the video is in HD (720)